Sender:
From:
Trisha Yarbrough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 15:53:22 -0600
In researching oklahoma's poet laureates, one name has been difficult to
research:  Paul William Maurice Kroeger.  I did find this tantalizing note
in a
1939 biography:  he was elected to membership in the Mark Twain Society
sometime
in the '30s  on the strength of one poem,  A Sonnet to International
Friendship,
written sometime in the early 30s.  I can't find a copy of this poem
anywhere
(he published no chapbooks and it's not listed in any of the few anthologies
or
magazines he published in).  I  thought this group might know if the
archives of
the Twain Society would include it.  Evidently the governor appointed him to
laureate status based on this poem, and I sure would like to locate a copy
of
it.
Thanks,
Trisha Yarbrough