Sender:
From:
Errol Craig Sull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 08:44:56 -0500
Shelley and Company ...

While Holbrook is, indeed, the "master" when it comes to Twain impersonations (I have seen him eighteen times, as well as interviewed him), my money for the next best Twain impersonator is Mike Randall.  I've seen more than 25 Twain impersonators in this country, and Holbrook and Randall are easily the best of this lot.  (Randall is so good, in fact, that Holbrook sued him several years ago for copyright infringement.)I feature Randall in my Annual Mark Twain Birthday Party & Symposium, and this year -- its 10th anniversary -- he will be giving a very special performance.

Errol

ERROL CRAIG SULL
Department of English
SUNY @ Buffalo