From:
"Carl J. Chimi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2018 22:02:05 -0400
I live near Wilkes-Barre, PA, and play music with a friend of mine, Mary
Knysh.  Mary is a super-talented, very eclectic musician.  She plays many
instruments.  I play guitar, pretty much, and am more modestly endowed with
talent.

Mary booked us a gig in Reading, PA, at the library.  I emailed to ask about
the room, and was pleased to find out that the room is called "The Mark
Twain Room".  I've known this for several weeks now.  Today, trying to find
the address for the library, I was dismayed to discover that there is no
library in Reading with a Mark Twain Room.  There is, however, a library in
REDDING, CT, with such a room, and their website very clearly shows Mary
Knysh and Friends playing there next Saturday.  HOMONYMS!  Neither one of us
heard "Redding" as anything but "Reading", and we definitely would have been
shocked on the drive down to Reading to find we were going entirely the
wrong way.

I've never been to Redding, but I'm delighted to be playing music in the
library Clemens founded near the end of his life.  I wish I'd have more time
to explore the area, but that won't be possible.  I recount this tale of
confusion here in the hope of entertaining, but what the heck.  If any of
you are in the area and interested in hearing - and possibly participating
in - a concert of songs and improvisations, you can find the details at the
link below.  I'd be more than thrilled to meet anyone from this forum there.

https://marktwainlibrary.org/events/hermes-arts-series-musical-performance-f
eaturing-mary-knysh-friends/

Regards,

Carl