From:
Steve Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2017 18:29:46 -0500
Speaking of Huck Finn songs, I just had the great
pleasure of seeing "Big River" as part of the City
Center Encore Series in NYC -- as most of you
probably know, it's a musical based on Adventures
of Huck Finn, words & music by great country music
songwriter Roger Miller.
http://www.nycitycenter.org/tickets/productionNew.aspx?performanceNumber=9802
Really enjoyed the show.  The young actor/singer
portraying Huck was outstanding.  Occasionally
these limited-run revivals at City Center spur
interest in a full-fledged Broadway revival.

-Steve Hoffman, Takoma Park MD