From:
Jane McCone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jane McCone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2003 11:08:25 -0400
The evening of April 25, though a bit blustery out doors, proved to be
enjoyable and informative within. Dr. Gary Scharnhorst's lecture at
Quarry Farm "Fishing with Mark Twain" was packed full of surprises,
photos, and fun facts. Guests were "impressed with what he found and
how he wove everything into an entertaining and intellectually
stimulating presentation. It was a cIassie presentation." That quote
from attendee, Gretchen Sharlow. 20

In just a couple hours I will meet Henry Sweets at the airport and
escort him to Quarry Farm. Although we have another wet evening, this
time we have fuel for the furnace (sorry Gary). Henry is going to
up-date us on all the work they are doing in Hannibal at the Boyhood
Home Museum.

Next week Dr. David Sloan will be here, and the week following, Dr. Joe
Fulton. If you are in the region, stop by, enjoy the time with us.

Jane McCone
Director
Center for Mark Twain Studies