From:
james nicoloro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2011 23:00:02 -0500
I am looking for a source for a high resolution copy of the Edison film of Twain at Stromfield. I have searched the archive at the Library of Congress with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. I understand that it was part of The Prince and the Pauper directed by J. Searle Dawley, staring Cecil Spooner playing both the Prince and the Pauper. I live in Redding. Twain is walking in the front of his home which faces west. The angle of the sun would suggest early afternoon possibly late June or early July. He is then seen sitting in the loggia with his daughters with Redding Ridge in the background. The film was released in August 1909. Probably shot and edited at Edison's new studio in the Bronx.

james nicoloro

nicoloro.tumblr.com
jamesnicoloro.com
jamesnicoloro.worpress.com