From:
Anton Verhulst <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 10:31:09 -0500
> I'm considering buying The Oxford Twain. Since these are facsimiles
> of first American editions, I was wondering how the type looked.
> What I mean to ask is - is it readable or will it give me a headache?
> I don't believe printing standards for readability were as high
> 100 some years ago as now. Also I assume these are on acid-free paper?

My set arrived on the 27th (ordered from Olsson's books, $235 + $9 shipping).
The type is, mostly, very good and certainly will not give you a headache.
It's a real plus to see the works in their original form - see the fonts
on _1601_, for instance.  Not english, as we know it today.

The paper is indeed acid-free.

The ouside of the box was marked "One Set - Trade Edition".  What does
this refer to?  I assume that there is another type of edition.

Tony V.