From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 2020 23:52:37 -0700
Thank you, Miki, for taking the time to respond to my query.  I'm
actually looking to find Sam and Livy's locations on a very specific
period, when they departed Berlin - which Fears notes as February 29,
and when they arrived in Merton, March 3 or 4, 1892. Fears makes note of
two letters in relation to this thousand mile journey: February 21, to
McClure, and March 21 to Moffett.  The contents of these letters is not
available on-line. Given Twain's general habits of train travel. he must
have stopped to rest at least twice on this journey.  If I can get some
town and/or village names, I can try to guess at the railways the
Clemenses traveled over.