Sender:
From:
Jason Horn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 20:19:31 EST5EDT
Seems to me that Wes Britton was only--in comic fashion--reminding an
author that the Forum is for that "insightful discussion" that many
here have been demanding.  Such discussion ought not to include an
advertisement for one's book--or a defense of one's place in Twain
scholarship--or should it.  If so, then we may all end up missing the
mark in Twain's humor.  Or was Twain serious when he said, "I have
been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always
feel that they have not said enough."

Jason G. Horn
Gordon College