Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:06:24 -0500
Hello all,

Haven't posted anything here for a while; been producing my Mark Twain
show a couple of times a month here in Chicago, and adding new
material all the time. I was very fortunate to have Bernie Sahlins
produce a "Mark Twain In Person" for The Driehaus Museum here. Bernie
is well into his eighties--he founded the Second City Theatre; we've
worked on many projects together since 1979, but this was the first
time he'd produced my Mark Twain show. The Driehaus is set to produce
"Mark Twain's Christmas" in December (it says here); please let me
know if you'd like comps/discounts to any of my shows that play in
your area. It's the least I can do to repay the pages and pages of
interesting and useful information and literature relating to our
mutual Twainmania.

Also, I've also published another Mark Twain audio book: Roughing It.
It came in at 19 hours and 10 minutes, and I'm selling it as a
download for $25 on my own "Mark Twain In Person" website.

I am aware that this book has already been recorded several times, but
I've decided to not let that interfere with my enjoyment of it--nor
any of the other books that I've "covered"--it's always been the work
itself that has been the greatest reward--savoring his words,
inhabiting the character,and reliving his amazing and varied
adventures.

Anyone wishing for a "pre-publication" mp3 download of Roughing It,
please email me directly and I'll send you a free copy. This offer
will expire July 31 at midnight.

Also, I've begun recording Chapters from my Autobiography. I am
posting the chapters on SoundCloud as they are finished, but I will
begin removing the opening chapters once I reach Chapter 10, Hopefully
some will want to buy the whole book to share with a fellow Twainiac.

Richard Henzel