Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 1994 23:46:21 EST
 > Elmira College is hosting a NEH Seminar this summer and a question has
 > arisen from a number of the participants referring to Hal Halbrook's
 > television performance on Mark Twain. We seem to remember that this
 > performance aired in the early 1960's. Our question- Does anyone know
 > if
 > there is a video tape of that performance that can be purchased? I

I have a 1967 paperback copy of Hal Holbrook's book, MARK TWAIN TONIGHT!
On the back cover of the book,  March 6, 1967 is given as the night
Holbrook's one-man show was televised and seen by thirty million viewers.
I assume a video tape of this show still exists.  I couldn't find any
reference to the televised show within Holbrook's book.  This is
understandable as the book was originally published in 1959 and my copy is
a reprinted paperback version.  A TV Guide issue for the week of March 6,
1967 will reveal which network aired the show.  Further inquiry as to the
existence of a video tape could be directed to that network.

Paul Berkowitz