Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 09:54:25 -0600
Further reading:

If you missed the cover story of the latest Atlantic Monthly on the Saudi
royal family, fasten your seatbelt and read it.  That is one devastating
insider view, from a former CIA operative.  And that is one wild and crazy
bunch of folks--all in bed with certain of our esteemed leaders, apparently.

Just wondering--why not liberate Saudi Arabia?  Yes, they apparently support
a lot of terrorism, and so on.  But we have massive capitalistic interest in
the Saudis, unlike the other nations over there.  And they have a long track
record of "taking good care" of their political friends.  So I guess that
makes them not part of the axis of evil.

What I just don't get is the handling of all these things by US media and
news outlets.  Is our media just part of the big system??  Shades of the
Frankfurt school!