Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 15:22:54 -0500
Having this latest edition of 5 years of letters in searchable
text format is a real plus.   This edition does not have annotation
or commentary and I have a couple of questions from reading the 1880
letters:

1) A letter dated 23 November 1880 to the Editor of the New York
Evening Post is described as the manuscript draft of "The
Shakspeare Mulberry."  Question:  Was this letter ever published
in the New York Evening Post?  Or did it remain unsent?  The
answer should determine whether or not the piece is now public
domain.

2) A letter dated 24 December 1880 to Pamela Moffett states in part:
"...I am mighty glad you could not find the Mowatt book -- I have a
special reason for detesting that work."  Question:  What is the
title of the "Mowatt" book and why did Sam detest it?

Thanks,
Barb