From:
Megan Rapp <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:05:02 -0500
Dear Forum Members,

I apologize for not sending this sooner, but for those interested in the
Mark Twain Boyhood Home in Hannibal, MO, the press release below was sent
out on September 15th.

The Mark Twain Home Foundation has announced that Dr. Regina Faden,
Executive Director of the Mark Twain Boyhood Home & Museum will be leaving the organization in early October. While the foundation is sorry
to see Dr. Faden depart, David Mobley, Board President states, "We are
delighted that Regina has been offered such a prestigious job as Executive
Director with Historic St. Mary's City in Maryland."

Dr. Faden explains that her experience in Hannibal has been beneficial
professionally.  "It has been a great privilege to work at the
Mark Twain Boyhood Home & Museum. Twain himself brought me here. As a museum
director, there is no greater asset than the subject of your organization;
since I have been in Hannibal, I have only come to respect and admire the
author more."  Faden further states, "I will take my appreciation for Mark
Twain with me and always be attentive to developments at the museum and in
Hannibal."

Under Faden's leadership, the museum has seen significant improvements. The
organization completed its first strategic plan in
2005 and defined its vision to be the leading resource for teaching and
learning about Mark Twain. Teacher Workshops, instituted by the museum in
2005
have empowered 129 teachers from around the nation to bring Twain works into
the classroom and the hands of young readers.  The Young Authors scholarship
program nurtures the talents of aspiring writers from across the country.

The museum updated and enhanced its internal capacity, building a technology
infrastructure and professionalizing its policies and procedures. The
organization completed its first audit and installed new software systems
for accounting, fundraising, and collections.

Dr. Faden has also raised the museum's stature in the academic field through
presentations and published works.  She has made
numerous scholarly presentations around the world, sharing the story of the
museum and its efforts to bring Twain's message worldwide.  She has
also had several academic articles published in peer reviewed journals
across the nation.

The board and staff look forward to building upon their success, Sally
Poole, director of the Foundation Board states, "Dr. Faden
has helped lift our local historic landmarks to the quality of a national
museum. We are perfectly positioned for future growth and outreach bringing
Twain's stories to the nation and the world."

The Foundation will continue to move forward with its Master Plan to
preserve its historic structures and preserve Mark Twain's legacy in
Hannibal.  The Foundation will discuss future plans and leadership at the
next regularly scheduled board meeting.

Megan Rapp
Manager of Marketing and Community Relations
Mark Twain Boyhood Home & Museum
120 North Main St.
Hannibal, MO 63401
573.221.9010