Sender:
From:
"John R. Pascal" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2022 09:26:28 -0500
Good Morning Forum Members,

I am working on an essay about teaching The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (TS) in the classroom.  It will primarily focus on my own experiences of teaching it as part of my Writings of Mark Twain Honors class of juniors and seniors here at Seton Hall Preparatory School in the last seven years.

A portion will be to report on any special challenges the novel may pose in the classroom.

For any past and present teachers, if you have formally taught TS and if you have been in the uniquely fortunate position of having taught both TS and Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, I would be most excited and grateful for the chance to speak with you via Zoom link for a few minutes to gain your insights.

So as not to clog the MTF with back-and-forth correspondence, please respond to either of these two emails:

Home email: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

School email: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

I know we are all so very busy doing triple the amount of teaching work in this pandemic, but I would hope to hear from you by next Monday 1/17 as to when we can meet. Mid- to late afternoons and early evenings EST work best for me during the week.  Weekends are wide open for discussion.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Respectfully,

John R. Pascal, M.B.A., M.A.
Teacher of 9th, 11th Grade English Honors, & The Writings of Mark Twain Honors
Seton Hall Preparatory School
West Orange, NJ