From:
Tom Swenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2006 00:39:36 EDT

As a Twain re-enactor, I would agree that it can be a circus act (a
tight-wire act at that!) to answer in character. And like such acts, it can
amaze, or
you can fall flat on your as.... pockets.

With children, it can really move them to do Q&A in character, because  for
most of them, you ARE the character. They really believe, and that can  be
very
rewarding and humbling.

Then there was the time, my first Twain show to be exact, when a 5th grader
asked if I was wearing a wig! I was rather proud of my response, which was,
"Well, young man, if it is a wig, it is certainly much better looking than
the
one you put on this morning!"

Best Regards,

Tom Swenson