From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 2021 18:27:29 -0700
Thank you both for these clues.  I also recollect mention of palace cars
some time ago on Twain-L but I don't have the references.  I have found
myself immersed in railroads while tracking Twain's travels - more than
I had ever intended.  And, for the past week I've been in a
semi-delirium from a break through case of covid  subjecting me to odd
trajectories prompted by skimming through Day By Day for times and
places.  Of course it's these colorful little tidbits that add so much
to delving into Twainiana.  I suspect the palace cars were manufactured
by the Pullman Company.