From:
Mike Stone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2011 10:02:57 -0500
Alan,
	I don't think an apology is the right approach.  What would Twain
do?  I think he would try to apportion the blame equally on both sides.  I
once saw a letter he wrote to some nice lady who had written him long
before.  If I could put my hands on it I'd quote it exactly.  But the gist
was this: Although it's been a long time between my receiving your letter
and writing this one, MT said, it's likewise been a long time since you
wrote your letter.  So there's blame enough to go around and let's call it
even.
	In your situation, you could update the technique something along
these lines: "Although it may be annoying to some of you to have to read my
private greetings to another, the NSA has to read all of this stuff, so it's
really not right for you to complain, is it?"
	Just a suggestion.

Michel L. Stone
STONE & SUTTON, P.A.
116 East Fourth Street