From:
Graham Durham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2012 08:55:28 +0000
I would like to thank all on the Forum who joined our twenty year fight to save Dollis Hill House in NW London.Sadly the House where Mark stayed in 1900 was demolished today -  the same local authority(Brent)  has also closed Kensal Rise library which Twain opened during this stay.
We also note that campaigners in Detroit are battling to save libraroes including the Mark Twain library.( see Fox News-Detroit)
Clearly the barbarians are amongst us - can anyone find a suitable epitaph from Twain ?
Graham Durham - London