Thank you for passing Hiroko’s message on to us. I’ve been anxiously checking for updates on Hal’s condition since you first notified us. I agree that Hiroko’s buoyant tone is a hopeful sign. Is there any word about a diagnosis? A fall and a subsequent procedure can mean a lot of different things.
Hoping for the best,
Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>
From: Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Wolfgang Hochbruck <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2021 10:16:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Hal Bush
[Sent by an External User]
...i guess the fact that she posted this on facebook allows for
redistribution here: at least Hiroko hasn't lost her sense of humor -
(Hal’s Update: Hiroko fights back with a gratitude list)
1. No spinal cord injury
2. No known bone fractures
3. Hal didn’t bite his tongue
4. All the heirloom rings were NOT stolen
5. Hal kept calling my name until he became unresponsive. No other
woman’s name was mentioned
6. A possibility of personality change may not be all that bad if it
means taking off the rough edges
7. We have yet another opportunity to be in solidarity together.
8. I might have an opportunity to beat him in chess
9. Maybe he might be less sensitive to light and sound so that I might
not have to tiptoe around him.
10. I won’t feel as inferior with my short term memory loss.
11. We have gazillions of friends supporting us.
12. Hal got to have a private room in a brand new hospital.
13. SLU has the reputation of being No1 in brain trauma.
14. I am cared by the Leiboviches lovely home only few minutes away
from the hospital.
15. His vital signs are stable and in particular BP has been in normal
range for my past 2 visits. This is special bc he didn’t receive any
medication for it.
16. Hal is negative with COVID-19
17. All of the staff at the hospital have been inoculated with the new
18. The English Department of SLU professors responded so
compassionately and empoweringly.
And now I am beginning to appreciate the the safety net of this grace
and mercy that surround me.... Thank you all and I choose to give
credit to the phenomenon of love network as a modern day miracle
God—power definitely far greater than myself
On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 02:30:19 +0000
Steve Courtney <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I'll join Pete Messent in wishing a speedy and safe recovery to Hal
>Bush, our partner in the editing of the Twain-Twichell letters, a
>frequent contributor to this group, and someone I always enjoy
>corresponding and conversing with.
>Steve Courtney, Curatorial Volunteer
>The Mark Twain House & Museum
>351 Farmington Avenue
>Hartford, Connecticut 06105
>Even though The Mark Twain House & Museum is temporarily closed to the
>public, we are still offering many online programs. Visit our
>website<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__marktwainhouse.org_&d=DwIDaQ&c=a-IB_GMEfAZCNvTl5o6ZExYKmR-HZTqw1M_ZxQv8eiY&r=M7fe_5tVzFcSaDV_TGyMVieQKup7oSC-0rxoDyxcCJY&m=klNmJGfYuB2vcQjdFenD7OW-NxZj24IoDtv9Qe5lkA0&s=jXJniD5gXyMmnvXriwYA79pmGVV9btzhxT_w0gzu030&e= > for virtual programming, and the
>most up-to-date information on all things Mark Twain House & Museum.
> If you are able, consider making a
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Hochbruck
Dept. of English
Centre for Security and Society
Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg
Rempart St. 15