From:
Carmela Valente <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2008 04:18:23 -0400
Dear Group:
Besides being on this Twain list, I am an active member of a list devoted to
Charles Dickens.  On this Dickens list, we read and discuss his works.
Often, A character behaved in less than realistic fashion, or a plot was
summarized in a manner that was anything but believable, but because the
author was Dickens, he got away with it.  Can you think of any examples in
Twain's writing in which a depiction of a character or developing sequences
in a plot were only acceptable because a great man like Twain had written
them.  More than once on this Dickens list, I have remarked that there is no
way in hell that I could have received a passing grade from  a creative
writing professor with such a disorganized plot or unrealistic
characterization.
Thank you for reading this.
Camy