Robert Wickens <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 17:32:45 -0500
I recently met a woman who claimed that it is a little known fact that Mark Twain was a pedophile in the last few years of his life.  She claimed that there is solid evidence of such activity with one of his nieces and perhaps some other young girls.  I found this hard to believe, but do not know enough about his later years to contradict her.  Has anybody heard these allegations before and is there any truth to them?  Also, if these allegations have been aired, what evidence was she referring to?