From:
Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2012 11:46:10 -0600
I will forever be grateful to Tom for his many kindnesses to me, and will
miss our far-ranging twice monthly phone chats. His generosity was boundless
and unwavering, and his devotion to Twain scholarship and amiable regard for
his fellow Twainians set an example for us all. As many are aware, he
single-handedly saved and kept the MTJ going. Some may not know that he was
a pioneer in the use of the computer in Twain studies and famously lugged an
old 40 lb suitcase style "portable" computer around to libraries in the
1970s. It had a teeny-tiny screen, a DEC-10 perhaps? Thomas the Intrepid!

Even if it failed him yesterday, Tom had a good heart, and he now joins the
other good-hearted souls we have lost in recent years like Lou Budd and
Michael Kiskis.

Thank you Margaret for taking such good care of Tom through his health
problems, and sharing him with us.

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books