From:
Beverly David <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:33:51 EDT
I am working on Volume III of MARK TWAIN AND HIS ILLUSTRATORS.    The book
will focus on HUCKLEBERRY FINN and E. W. Kemble.   I came across this quote
but need further source and date to be able to accurately document the
quote:
It is a marvelous paper . . . I don't care much about reading . . . but I do

like to look at pictures, and the illustrated weeklies do not come as often
as I need them   http:www.historicpages.com/texts/dgcat9.htm

This was cited as from Mark Twain to David Goodman Croly, editor of   THE
DAILY GRAPHIC and the only reference to time given commented Mark Twain to
Croly
after seeing its premier issue,” which would be in 1873.
Does anyone at the forum have further information about this quote.