From:
Matt Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2024 23:23:19 -0500
I might grade Neider a mite higher than Kevin & Ben do, but if you think (as I do) that the Cold War era propagandizing of Twain has been a net negative for both Twain scholarship & Twain’s reputation, Neider has to be at the top of the list of Twain scholars who were complicit in that propagandizing, if not necessarily driving it. - MS