From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 2015 11:37:21 -0600
Happy New Year to all;  and I have one metaphor to ask everyone to
consider:

I've been struck with the (somewhat obscure to me, anyway) conversation
about the mapping of Twain's adventures in Nevada.  Mapping, of course, is
rather concerned with certainly, and with accuracy, etc.

What if I mention Twain's use of, and relationship to, Maps in his writing?
My question is more along the lines of a global/metacognitive use, by
Twain, of maps and mapping throughout his works, as symbol or metaphor.  I
wonder what kinds of ideas this might suggest to others on this LIST??
Especially with regard to Twain's metaphysics (or lack thereof).

Put it this way:  in the AB, he mentions his theory of dictation as being
"systemless system."  So which is it, with his use of maps??

thanks, I'm just wondering here if anyone has a knee jerk response  .... -hb

--
Prof. Harold K. Bush
Professor of English