From:
Ron Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:33:38 -0400
I'm sure I won't be the only one to pounce on this:  Mr. Bochynski
erred in his information of works by MT written at the Hartford House.
Mark Twain of course wrote The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Prince
and the Pauper, and the first half of Tom Sawyer in his study on East
Hill here in Elmira!  I'm not surprised some people think otherwise.
In my two trips to the Hartford home I heard the exact words from each
tour guide, saying,"Mark Twain wrote his most important works during
his Hartford years."  Perhaps true, but he wasn't in Hartford at the
time.  He was enjoying his days here in his "foretaste of heaven."