From:
"Carl J. Chimi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2016 10:23:25 -0400
My wife helped me dig through piles of books.  Bless her.

The wagon photo is also published in "The Life and Times of Mark Twain", by
Dennis Well and, on page 124. The caption there also puts Susy's name first,
implying the girl on the left (in the foreground in the white dress) is
Susy.  I think that girl is Clara.

The photo I mentioned of Susy on the porch at Quarry Farm, taken months
before her death, is on page 175 of "Mark Twain: An Illustrated Biography",
by Geoffrey Ward, Dayton Duncan, and Ken Burns.  She sure has a sad,
depressed look on her face, poor child.

Carl