From:
Andrew J Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 13:33:52 +0000
serves, they were the Philadelphia and Chicago agents.  Barb's discovery
of the fire destroying many copies of the grant book puts a new light on
the matter.  If I am correct that Chicago is one of the defaulting
agencies, the fire certainly clariefies the cause of the default and
makes Charley Webster seem far less culpable.  Kudos to Barb for
uncovering the report; if the fire had not been reported in any biography
before, it is because no biographer knew of it before, or recognized its
importance.  Had I known of it, I can say it would have altered my
perception of the problems between SLC and Webster.

Andy Hoffman