Mark Twain Birthplace <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 4 Jan 1998 16:24:57 -0600
Barbara,

I am happy to report that the Mark Twain Research Foundation still exists
and publishes a quarterly journal called "The Twainian."  The current
president is Catherine Allen of Santa Fe, NM.  The editor of "The Twainian"
is Professor Richard Holmes of Culver-Stockton College.  A few years ago,
the MTRF donated most of their collection to the Mark Twain Birthplace
State Historic Site, Division of State Parks, Missouri Department of
Natural Resources (located outside Florida, Missouri from where this
message is originating.)  We have possession of some original Twain
material that was a part of this donation.  It is catalogued.  The historic
site handles correspondence for the MTRF.  Our mailing address is RFD 1,
Box 54, Stoutsville, MO  65283.  Of course, you can email us using this
email box.  Please let me know if there is anything else with which we can
provide assistance.