From:
"Horace J. Digby" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:30:12 -0700
Dear Twain Forum Members:

With the onslaught of anti-Coulterisms filling our discussion group, I thought you might enjoy this.

Art Buchwald, one of America's great political humorists (one day his legacy may include an organization like ours) lies dying in a District of Columbia hospital bed.  He went there several months ago; met with friends; even gave a farewell radio interview.

Fortunately he has not passed.  Because, today, Tuesday June 13th, 2006, the Washington Post ran what might be Mr. Buchwald's last article.

If you had one last chance to lampoon someone who desperately needed it, who might that someone be?
  Wicked Witch Of the Right

  By Art Buchwald
  Tuesday, June 13, 2006; Page C03

  A broomstick in my closet was missing. I asked someone about it and he said, "Ann Coulter took it."

  "What did she do with it?" I asked.

  "She's flying around on it as a witch, looking for more 9/11 widows for a follow-up book called 'The Coulter Code.' "

  I said, "She's a very busy witch. This is her fifth broomstick."

  He said, "She loves to ride around attacking anyone who . . . "  (Read more)  http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/12/AR2006061201409.html

Perhaps Coulter can be the next Art Buchwald . . .

Horace J. Digby