Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2010 10:00:54 -0800
7bit
From:
Darryl Brock <[log in to unmask]>
I would like to echo the praise Kevin Mac Donnell paid this outstanding
biography in his review.  I am halfway through it, and I too do not want
it to end.  Somehow Michael Shelden seems to step aside and let the
characters live again.  The tellings of MT receiving his Oxford degree
and of his dealings with poor immigrants at a Lower East Side childrens'
theater are marvelous gems--and there are many others.  Each page holds
delights.