From:
Steve Courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2010 09:50:04 -0400
For those who may have missed them:

Philadelphia Inquirer

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/front_page/20100418_A_multifaceted_celebration_of_Mark_Twain.html

USA Today

http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/2010-04-20-twain20_CV_N.htm

...and at the MT House & Museum we've got VOA, the Travel Channel, Lonely Planet, Japanese TV, and a Dutch travel guide publisher on the line -- along with about 275 German radio reporters -- no, the one yesterday, Klaus, makes 276.

I particularly like Wally Lamb's plans for commemorating the centennial of Mark Twain's death tomorrow as conveyed by USA Today:"lighting up a cigar, cussing a little and getting a belly laugh out of the posturing of our gasbag politicians and commentators. Good Lord, wouldn't Twain have loved the cable news channels?"

All best,
Steve

Steve Courtney
7 Union St.