From:
Alan Eliasen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:40:25 -0600
On 03/17/2010 03:17 PM, Darryl Brock wrote:
> I've heard a statement attributed to MT that goes something like:  There
> are things to be learned from bathing a cat that can be learned in no
> other way.  Anybody know if he actually said it?  And can provide a
> source?

   "...the person that had took a bull by the tail once had learnt sixty
or seventy times as much as a person that hadn't, and said a person that
started in to carry a cat home by the tail was getting knowledge that
was always going to be useful to him, and warn't ever going to grow dim
or doubtful."
   --Tom Sawyer Abroad

Alan Eliasen