From:
Terrell Dempsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 11:40:38 -0600
Dear Forum, if I were a more honest guy, the title of that article would be
"What I Learned by being Friends with Barb Schmidt and Vic Fischer."  All I
did was a little digging around here in the sticks.  I am fascinated by
connections.
    What is that line from E.M. Forster's Howard's End? "Only connect?" (and
for Gregg Camfield's benefit, I only know that because it was in the play
Educating Rita. I once played the professor opposite Vicki's Rita.  She
brilliant. I merely had to play a drunk.)
    Twain saw it all, though.  What would have happened if one of the
Holliday slaves substituted her high-yeller child for one of the master's
babies?  Patricia Minter or one of her cousins might have gone to Yale and
Harvard. We could have a slave's descendant in the White House.
    Good grief,  maybe we do!
    I did not see the name Roxy in the Holliday will, though.

    Terrell