From:
John Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2012 13:43:27 -0500
I echo the sentiments of all the others about sorrow at the loss of a fine person and great scholar, Thomas Tenney.  The first time I met him, probably at the first Elmira conference, I went up to him and said I had to thank him for Mark Twain: A Reference Guide, which had saved me hundreds if not thousands of hours when I wrote my dissertation on Mark Twain. He just laughed and said, "Everybody tells me that!"  What a positive attitude he always had. I am happy that I got to know him a bit in the last twenty years.

John Bird