From:
"Bird, John C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2023 15:05:46 +0000
Thanks very much for this, Scott! I am quite interested, since I am writing about events in 1884.

But note that the tour was not called “Twins of Genius,” a title erroneously applied over the years, starting with tour manager James B. Pond. See the article by Benjamin Griffin, “Twins of Genius—Not!” at www.twainquotes.com/TwinsOfGeniusNot.html<http://www.twainquotes.com/TwinsOfGeniusNot.html>

As Ben says, everybody, including him (and me) has called it that for years.

John Bird