From:
Alan Kitty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 2020 13:59:12 -0500
Interesting. I conceived my Last Stand” touring Twain show while rowing a crew shell 325 miles along the Erie Canal from Buffalo to Albany. I thought it ironic that the press launch for that event occurred in Buffalo, where Twain’s notoriety as a travel writer allowed his short tenure as Express Editor.

The irony continued to the actual launch point in Tonawanda, NY, famously named by Eve at the beginning of her career and translated by Twain at the end of his.

Alan Kitty, Executive Director
Mark Twain Education Society

“Laughter can shatter the most colossal humbug; blow it to rags and atoms with a single blast.”

Sent from my iPhone