From:
Rivka Swenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 1998 12:50:18 -0500
Uh-huh, yep, and I'm one of those who has a right to my opinions as well
as anyone else.  Again, I'm sorry if I offended anyone.  Perhaps instead
of the word "scholarly" in my email to which you responded, Sue, I should
have used the word "responsibly."  Kneejerk responses are always going to
offend someone.  I was bothered by a response, you were bothered by mine,
and I was bothered by yours.  I've already apologized.  That's
all.  Personal responses?  Yeah, I've gotten those,
too.  Don't be so pious, you say? Sure. May we all heed that commandment.
Up with the open forum, down with antagonism.

Respectfully,

Rivka