Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2008 15:28:13 -0400
8bit
From:
Twain Center <[log in to unmask]>
The Center for Mark Twain Studies is pleased to announce the posting of
the final audio file from our 2008 Spring Series:

Wednesday, May 28th, 2008 in the Barn at Quarry Farm

The Author-Cat:
Bad Faith in Clemens's Life and Work

Forrest Robinson, Professor of American Studies
University of California, Santa Cruz

After defining the key term, "bad faith," Forrest Robinson illustrates
the operation of bad faith in Clemens's work (offering examples from
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and The Tragedy of Pudd'nhead Wilson),
and in his life (illustrated by an example from Following the Equator),
with special attention to the vexed issue of race slavery. Dr. Robinson
explains the origin of "The Author-Cat" and also elaborates more broadly
on the significance of bad faith in our favorite humorist's career.

To access the audio files, go to:

http://www.elmira.edu/academics/distinctive_programs/twain_center/troubl
e_at_eight/recordings