From:
Ajax Maior <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 1992 13:09:32 -0500
 That's wonderful that it is used for such a purpose...

 For those not familiar with the film, the plot is centered around
Mark Twain's meeting with Becky Thatcher, Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn...they
all
come aboard Twain's huge steamship/hot air balloon to rendezvous with
Halley's
comet. On board, Twain tells the story from "The Diary of Adam and Eve", and
some of the characters of his books surface, including the nephew of Satan
(From the Mysterious Stranger) and Injun Joe...extremely well done. Twain's
voice is believable...not unrealistic at all...it's a family film that
doesn't talk down to its viewers, yet is suitable for all audiences.
 There are part of the movie that peek into the morbid and dark parts
of Twain's works, including "The Damned Human Race"...
 I'll shut up about this movie. :)

 In other discussion, I recently dug up an old paperback copy of
"Letters from the Earth" (Don DeVoto [I think], ed.) Which includes Twain's
"last" novel in its incomplete state: The Great Dark. This is an amazingly
wonderful tale, despite the rushed summary that DeVoto (?) gives the ending,
which he (DeVoto) recreated from Twain's notes.

 Lastly, I have two queries: I have heard tell of some "pornographic"
or rather "erotic" work by Twain that is not in print. Does anyone have in-
formation about this?
 And if anyone has any information on how I can obtain a copy/print
of the beautiful watercolor portrait of Twain on the cover of the softbound
editon of "Letters From the Earth", PLEASE inform me.

Once again, I am,
Benjamin Kite