From:
Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2011 21:59:45 -0600
I tend to agree, and reading it induced eye-strain after just a dozen pages.
I studied typography in my youth and operated a small handpress in the
1970s, and do not claim expertise, but I don't think that the proportion of
the type size/font to line-width were the best. The leading and
letter-spacing were fine. For some examples of superb typography, I suggest
close examination of some of the publications by my mentors, Carl Hertzog
(El Paso, under his own imprint from the mid-1920s to the late 1970s) and
Bill Holman (William R. Holman, under the Roger Beacham imprint in San
Francisco and later Austin from the 1960s to about 1990).

Alas, there are no known pictures of me holding a typestick with NIVEK.

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books
9307 Glenlake Drive