YORK-ANNOUNCE-L Archives

York U. announcements list - READ ONLY

YORK-ANNOUNCE-L@YORKU.CA

From:
Marshal Linfoot <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
York U. announcements list - READ ONLY
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 17:02:54 +0000
The hardware problems that disrupted e-mail service last week
reappeared yesterday afternoon, interrupting service intermittently
over a period of several hours. Service personnel investigating the
problem now suspect it might be caused by software and have provided a
modification for us to install. The modification will help to avoid
the problem and will gather more information to identify the cause.
We will continue to monitor the system and will attempt to restore
service as quickly as possible if the problem arises again.

In order to install the software modification, we will be interrupting
the e-mail and phoenix servers for about 15 minutes beginning at 4:30
this afternoon.

We regret the inconvience and disruption of service.