YORK-ANNOUNCE-L Archives

York U. announcements list - READ ONLY

YORK-ANNOUNCE-L@YORKU.CA

From:
CNS Announce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
York U. announcements list - READ ONLY
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 18:22:43 -0400
***** PLEASE DISTRIBUTE WIDELY *****

The latest Windows critical updates released on Tuesday have created a
problem with the YSoft dialin connection software - it no longer works.
Through testing, and adding one update at a time, we now know which one
causes the problem:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms06-025.mspx?pubDate=2006-06-13

This update fixes a vulnerability with the Remote Access Server Management
system.  However, it also appears to block input into the terminal window
used by our connection setup.  After the update is applied, when one
connects, either manually or using a script, the keyboard appears to have
no effect and no data is accepted from the York.scp script.

We are now currently investigating whether this is something we can
address within the YSoft software ourselves, or a Microsoft issue.

When more information is available, we will provide an update.

Questions or concerns about this note, should be directed to
the CNS Helpdesk in the Computing Commons, William Small Centre,
(voice: 416-736-5800, email: [log in to unmask]).

CNS Announce