YORK-ANNOUNCE-L Archives

York U. announcements list - READ ONLY

YORK-ANNOUNCE-L@YORKU.CA

From:
Chris Russel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
York U. announcements list - READ ONLY
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:05:14 -0500
CNS Information Security will be doing proactive security scanning of all
hosts on the York network starting at aproximately 17:00 today.  This will
involve checking for recently discovered critical vulnerabilities in
certain network services, plus important older vulnerabilities which are
still widely deployed.  In particular we will be looking at snmp, ssh,
ftp, dns, and various backdoor trojans.  All scanning will be done from
machines within the infosec.yorku.ca domain.  If your log files show
scanning from that domain, do not be alarmed.

No service problems are anticipated as a result of the scanning.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me via email:

Thank you.

--
Chris Russel     | Information Security
[log in to unmask]  | Computing and Network Services, York University