YORK-ANNOUNCE-L Archives

York U. announcements list - READ ONLY

YORK-ANNOUNCE-L@YORKU.CA

From:
CNS Announce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
York U. announcements list - READ ONLY
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 16:06:14 -0400
CNS Information Security has been informed and confirmed that another
version of fraudulent emails has been sent to York central email accounts
to trick email account owners into replying with the email account
password and personal information in order to gain unauthorized access. If
you receive such a message DO NOT REPLY, just delete the email. If you
have replied to the email, please contact the CNS Helpdesk immediately to
reset your password.

Please note that you should never be asked for your password or provide it
via email.

The following is a sample of the fraudulent email.

------------------

Subject: Please Maintain Yorku E-mail Immediately

Please Maintain Yorku E-mail Immediately
Dear Yorku Owner,
  This message is from Yorku messaging center to all Yorku email account
owners.
We are currently upgrading our data base and e-mail account center. We are
deleting all Yorku email account to create more space for new accounts.
  To prevent your account from closing you will have to update it below so
that we will know that it's a present used account.
CONFIRM YOUR EMAIL IDENTITY BELOW
E-mail Username : ......... .....
E-mail Password : ...............
Date of Birth : ................
Country or Territory : .........
  Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his or her account within
Seven days of receiving this warning will lose his or her account
permanently.
Thank you for using Yorku!
Warning Code:VX2G99AAJ
Thanks,
Yorku Team
Yorku.ca BETA

Please direct questions to CNS Client Services
(phone: 416-736-5800, email: [log in to unmask])

CNS Announce