YORK-ANNOUNCE-L Archives

York U. announcements list - READ ONLY

YORK-ANNOUNCE-L@YORKU.CA

From:
George Kahler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
York U. announcements list - READ ONLY
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 1995 21:08:14 +0000
As part of our continued monitoring of the e-mail servers and efforts by the
vendor to identify and correct the cause of recent problems, it is necessary
to interrupt services briefly and alter the system. This system alteration
will enable the vendor to determine if a suspected part of the operating
system is faulty. However, there is a small risk of reintroducing the
problem.

The service interruption will be on Wednesday, Nov 8/95 at noon for
about 5 minutes. We will carefully monitor for any signs of the problem
reappearing and remove the changes if needed. Every effort will be
made to minimize the disruption and to keep services available.

If you would like more detailed information about the nature of the changes
or the problem, please send e-mail to [log in to unmask]

--
George Kahler                             e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
UNIX Systems Administrator                humans:  (416) 736-5257 x.22699