From:
Parisi Daniela Fernanda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 2011 15:44:34 +0100
On February 24 I sent to the SHOE community an invitation for the "application for an assistant-professor position in economics" in Milan, thinking of all the Italian economists working in the history of economic thought and of the historians of economic thought that have long taught economic subjects in Italy and abroad.
In sending in the invitation, I thought of all those that, in reading it, would feel discriminated against. I sent it in to see the reactions the invitation would trigger, and I read them with much interest. I am convinced - and I know I am not the only one - that "the future of history of economics depends on safeguarding positions in economics", and that "how to think critically and historically about economics" should be a key issue on which the economists and the students of economics should be focusing.
With many thanks to the SHOE list.
Daniela

Prof.a Daniela Parisi
Istituto di Teoria economica e Metodi quantitativi
Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
via Necchi 5
20123 Milano
Tel. +39-02-7234.2471