>He did successfully
> stop an actor from impersonating him later, the actor passing himself off
> as
> the genuine product in smaller cities and county fairs in the Pacific
> Northwest.  <
        >Richard R.>

        I'm interested in this tidbit and other links between Twain and the
Pacific Northwest.  I vaguely remember an anecdote about him visiting
Fairhaven (now Bellingham WA) but forget the details.  Something about
needing a drink of whiskey at some very early hour of the morning.  Where
would you recommend that I begin looking for information on Twain and the
Pacific Northwest?

        Thanks,

        Don Helling
        Bellingham, WA