Hello everyone,

I am in the process of recruiting a team of peer health educators (lay people from local communities who will play both a health education role and an advocacy role in their communities). From over 100 applicants, we will be assembling a team of 10-15 individuals. These individuals will be paid, part-time staff.

My question to all of you is this:
because a large part of the Peer Health Educators' role involves team work, I want to assemble a team that has excellent group working skills. To do this, I want to use a group exercise as part of the recruitment strategy. I want to make it un-intimidating (as much as possible, anyway) for the candidates. Does anyone out there have experience with conducting group exercises in interviews, and can anyone supply me (or point me in the right direction) with a simple scenario that would be appropriate for the candidates to work through?

Thank you very much for your help!
Genevieve Jones
Peer Health Education Coordinator
Hudderfield (SRB5) Healthy Living Initiative